This page is to act as a general guide on how to clean our products!
Before cleaning, use a soft cloth or towel to remove any dust or dirt from the radio.
• clean or disinfect by any of the products in List N provided by the EPA website. (ex. Lysol wipes, Clorox wipes, or other disinfectant wipes)
• do not immerse the Yapalong4000 radio in any cleaning solution (they are splash-proof but not waterproof)
Before cleaning, remove all the accessories (ear/mic foam coverings, in-ear tips) from the headset.
• clean or disinfect the headset with any of EPA's List N products (ex. disinfectant wipes)
• Mic and ear foams / In-Ear Tips - wash in warm bath of dish soap and water and left to dry completely
• do not immerse our headsets in water or in any cleaning solution.
Vests and Armbands
• use a washing and drying machine
• hand wash these items using detergent and left to dry completely
*Avoid using diluted bleach on any of our products as they can cause damage and have not been proven to kill the virus as effectively as disinfectant sprays or disinfectant wipes.
The best way to protect yourself and others is to not share the radios or headsets. However, when this is not possible, we recommend each user to have at least their own set of removable mic foam covering, ear foam covering or in-ear piece.
Last Updated: September 11, 2020