Yapalong’s no-base-station no-master architecture makes group, de-group, and re-group very easy. In other words, we can easily increase or decrease group size by following binding procedure.
Note: Binding needs to be done under minimum radio interference environment, which means no cellphone, no computer, no Bluetooth, and no electrical control panel nearby.
8 REGULARs max for AM model and 4 REGULARs max for EU model. Unlimited LISTENERs.
A. Binding procedure for REGULAR units
1. Power down all units with good batteries installed.
2. Power up 1st unit until RED LED is solid on. Hold down UP and DOWN buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds until GREEN and AMBER LEDs begin to flash alternatively. Release buttons for 5 or more seconds, both LEDs stop blinking and all 3 LEDs remain solid on.
3. Power up 2nd unit until RED LED is solid on. Hold down UP and DOWN buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds until GREEN and AMBER LEDs begin to flash alternatively. Release buttons for 5 or more seconds, both LEDs stop blinking and only RED and GREEN remain solid on. If AMBER is also on, restart Binding from Step1.
4. Repeat Step3 for the rest units.
5. Power down all units (incl. the 1st one) in random sequence. Then power up all units in random sequence. So far Binding is done. If in doubt, repeat the entire procedure.
B. Order for Binding LISTENER units
LISTENER units can be added to existing Yapalong group as listen-only units. Regardless of the previous grouping state, the entire group has to be bound again. The binding procedure is the same as the one for REGULAR units. In addition we need to follow the order below to bind:
1. Set 1st REGULAR into Binding mode
2. Set 2nd REGULAR into Binding mode
3. Set all LISTENERs into Binding mode one by one
4. Set the rest REGULARs into Binding mode one by one